Living with disability can be lonely and very challenging
Are you a person living with
Are you a family member or carer of
someone with a disability?
Do you work in the disability services
The MDM Club has been created just for
The FREE social network for the disability
Our main partner and sponsor, head of betting in Tanzania -
Find people who understand you.
Nearby and on the other side of the world.
Ask questions and get help when you
Share your experiences to help others.
Hear about and learn through the
experiences of others.
Read blog posts, forum topics and member updates.
Be involved in lively and important
Issues that affect you and many others.
About My Disability Matters
Dale Reardon, Founder
I am the founder of My Disability Matters (MDM). I want MDM to be your place to come to for information and advice on issues that are important to you. It is also a place to meet new people and make friends.
I am 46 and have been blind since the age of 17. My seeing eye dog Charlie is 7 and is my fourth dog.
For a long time I have been involved in disability advocacy. I personally believe the disability community needs a news site as well as a place for discussion around disability issues with a community willing to share information and experiences. Timeliness of news and information is a real problem that I am seeking to rectify.
What you will find inside the MDM Club
There is something for everyone
MDM Club Forums
- Meet new people, ask questions and share your experiences
- Learn from the experiences of others
- Participate to make the MDM Club a great place to be
- You can post freely and instantly. If need be, anyone can report inappropriate content
MDM Club Groups
- Meet people who have the same interests as you
- Talk about country specific issues in your country’s own group
- Share information, solve problems and help each other
- New groups will be created as you need them
MDM Club Blog
- Any member can submit a blog post or video to be published on The Club blog
- A great opportunity to get started with writing and share your thoughts and experiences
- Current issues, opinion pieces, advocacy and more
- Hear from writers with disability
Hear from the experts
- Experts will be involved in the groups and forums to answer your questions
- Ask your questions and talk with those who deal with the system every day
- For example, get advice on choosing providers and managing your funding
- My Plan Manager will be in the NDIS group (Australia)
Do you have a business with customers in the disability community?
The MDM Club Business Membership is for you if you wish to promote your business (including charities and NFP) to the disability community.
Frequently Asked Questions
The MDM Club is for you if...
You need support and advice when facing
You want to be informed about disability
You want to participate in this community
You live with disability
Or perhaps you prefer to say you are disabled, or that you have a disability. Whatever your preference, this is the community created for you.
You are a family member or carer
You are a parent, sibling, child, partner, friend or carer of a person who lives with disability. Whatever the relationship, this community is also for you.
You have an interest in disability
You work in the disability services sector, or perhaps have an interest in disability issues for any number of reasons. You are most welcome in the MDM Club.